Bookish DIY: Scrabble Tile Pendants


Hey everyone! I'm back at it with the bookish DIYs! Summer means a lot more time to read, but also just a lot more time to do things I wouldn't be able to do in the school year. So crafting has been super fun and of COURSE I had to make everything book related. 

I've seen scrabble tile pendants everywhere- but I first got the inspiration for these when I saw Celeste's daily pendant posts (her blog here) which were basically book covers on pendants. So I decided to make them myself, and after watching a few videos, got started!


What you will need: 
Scrabble tiles (or some square game piece you don't mind using) I found these bingo tiles!
Printed copies of what you want on the pendant
Mod-podge and a brush-on glaze finish (any should do)
Bails (found in jewelry section of craft stores)
If you have everything you need, take the printed sheets of paper and generally lay them out onto your tiles, making sure you've centered the image you want. Then taking any glue, glue the paper onto the tile and cut off the excess paper on the edges, fitting the image perfectly on the square.

Let dry for a few minutes, then go ahead and cover the top with mod-podge, as well as the edges. 

Let that dry for about 15 minutes, and then take your brush-on glaze and taking an old paintbrush, sweep on the glaze. I really recommend taking globs of the glaze and letting them merge into each other on the paper to create a 3D effect at the end.

Let this dry for 24 hours (really, because you don't want to ruin it) and then using hot or jewelry glue, glue on the bail on the back of the tile. 

And you're done!
I am so happy with my result and made about 6 or 7 of these in total- super fun to alternate and great when others notice. Just another way to showcase your bookish LOVE! 

I really hope you try this one out, because in total it cost me just about 10 dollars and they are SO worth it. I've actually been told people would buy them if I sold them. 

See you next time! 





3 comments:

  1. We’ve been stumbling around the internet and found your blog along the way.

    We love your work! What a great corner of the internet :)




    website


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Unexpected visitors make my day :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. nurse hat

    ReplyDelete