Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I read in 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish where we post 10 of our favorite things in each category. 

Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2014
1. A.S. King 
If I could, I would make #1-10 all A.S. King. She is absolutely fabulous and I had the privilege of meeting her! And my friends and I get to be in the acknowledgments of her next book.  So thank you 2014 for introducing me to my favorite author. 


2.Brandon Sanderson
I've only read Steelheart by this author, but he seems to be really famous and acclaimed to be a talented author. I am really excited to read his other books as well as Firefight, the sequel to Steelheart, which comes out in January!!

3.Marie Lu
Can we first just talk about how gorgeous Marie Lu is? She technically doesn't count as a totally new-to-me author because I read Legend for the first time last year, but this year I reread Legend and totally fell in love with the entire series. 

4. Rainbow Rowell
Her name makes my life complete. But I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Eleanor and Park and Fangirl. Both books beat my scale on my reviews. She doesn't have many books out, but the ones she does have are beautifully crafted!

5.Andrew Smith
Super happy to have met him too! His books are incredibly real and hilarious and Winger makes my favorite books list. Can I just say I just found out there's a sequel coming out? AHHHH! 
6.E. Lockhart
We Were Liars really touched my heart and made me think about things a bit differently, and how perfection is hard to find. The writing was haunting and chilling and the plot was mindblowing. 


7. Laurie Halse Anderson
I've only read one book by her, The Impossible Knife Of Memory, but I have heard so many amazing things about this author, and the book itself was so good I couldn't leave her out. I'm really excited to read Speak! 

8.Megan Shepherd 
The Madman's Daughter and Her Dark Curiosity were two thrillers that were disturbing yet scarily addictive. It is so amazing that she can weave a plot like that and I think that her writing is very brave. 

9.James Dashner
I think that James Dashner is probably one of the most successful writers of 2014, so I couldn't take him off the list. The Maze Runner series is actually very enthralling and exciting, and his new series is really good as well. 

10.Suzanne Young
Again, I've only read The Program but I can't wait to read the second one and the idea of a suicide epidemic seemed so real and chilling to me. Another author I've had the pleasure of meeting!

So many AMAZING authors! What are some on your list? 





5 comments:

  1. James Dashner, Rainbow Rowell, and Marie Lu both have several books on my TBR list. I purchased the Maze Runner recently, so I'm eager to get to it, and I really want to read Legend and The Young Elites. I'm not as familiar with some of the other authors, although I have heard great things about E. Lockhart. Nice choices Kate:)

    Claire @ Bookworm Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome list! Some of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered Rainbow Rowell this year too and I love her! Her humor and creativity is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read some more Laurie Halse Anderson. I read Wintergirls this year and was so impressed.
    Great List!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie Lu and Rainbow Rowell are some of my favorite authors and I'm glad that you enjoyed them too. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete